Health coaches are trained professionals who use an integrative approach to create positive changes to an individual’s health and well-being. They focus on a variety of areas, including nutrition, physical fitness, lifestyle choices, work-life balance, and relationships, in order to identify realistic and attainable goals to improve a person’s overall health and wellness.
A health coach works with both men and women to determine health goals that need to be met to achieve optimal health and wellness. They understand that each person’s needs and desires are unique, and work to create a personalized health plan that fits each client’s exact needs.
Let’s talk about how holistic health coaching works, and where you can go in St. George and Santa Clara for outstanding comprehensive health coaching that focuses on all aspects of your health.
The Role of a Health Coach
A health coach embodies many roles, including but not limited to:
- Educating individuals about how to achieve and sustain good health, such as by incorporating specific dietary changes (choosing whole, nutritious foods), physical exercise, stress management, and improvements with sleep routines.
- Empowering individuals to know that they can indeed achieve optimal health and take control of their wellbeing.
- Evaluating current adverse lifestyle choices and habits, such as nutritional imbalances, lifestyle stressors, sleep issues, insufficient water intake, not enough exercise or relaxation
- Setting achievable and realistic goals, with certain milestones to help individuals achieve better health and desired results.
- Encouraging and motivating individuals to meet their personal wellness goals.
- Collaborating with clients’ other health professionals to ensure that their needs are being met and that health conditions are being treated effectively.
Some health coaches may also provide additional services or therapies, such as counseling, breathing exercises, or relaxation techniques.
The health coach will document the client’s progress and meet with the individual regularly to give necessary support, feedback, and motivation. They will also regularly evaluate the client’s health plan to ensure targets and goals are right for the client, and that the client is making progress towards achieving their best health.
What Will a Health Coach Focus On?
A health coach aims to improve the client’s health through making incremental changes to areas such as diet and lifestyle. Following an in-depth health assessment, a health coach will focus on specific areas in order to improve the client’s health and wellness, which may include:
- Nutrition (advice and education about improving any nutritional deficiencies)
- Physical activity
- Weight management
- Emotional health and balance
- Gut health
- Hormone balance
- Body systems health
- Lifestyle (identifying/reducing any unhealthy habits, like smoking or drinking too much)
- Sleep patterns
- Specific personal goals
Holistic Health Coaching in Santa Clara and St. George, Utah
If you would like to find out how a health coach could help you, schedule a FREE online consultation at Fusion Specialty Pharmacy for certified health coaching. We will work with you to develop manageable and attainable goals to achieve your best health.
To learn more about the benefits of health coaching or to book a free health transformation consultation, call us today at (888) 963-9923 or you can book an appointment online at one of our convenient locations in Santa Clara or St. George, Utah. Our certified health coaches look forward to serving you!