Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Fusion Specialty Pharmacy can compound the Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapies you need. Under the care of your doctor and our expert pharmacists, BHRT can help you achieve your optimal wellness.
What are Hormones?
Simply stated, hormones are the key to many of the functions in our bodies. Hormones not only determine our specific gender characteristics, but they also help us think, tell us when we are hungry or full, make us feel happy or sad, help us fall asleep at night and wake up in the morning… and so on. The body is an amazing, organized system of hormones carrying messages. When our hormones decrease, these messages aren’t received as strongly.
What Does BHRT Mean?
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT), is a term referring to the use of hormones that are identical on a molecular level with hormones your body makes naturally.
As we age, our body’s ability to create optimal hormone levels decreases. While this is a natural process to aging, illness and environmental influences can speed up the side effects of hormone loss.
Which Hormones, Exactly?
Primarily Estrogen (video), Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA, Cortisol and Thyroid.
My Doctor Wants Me on a BHRT Regimen, Now What?
At FSP, our expert pharmacists create your Bioidentical Hormone specific to you! Your hormones levels are as individual as you are.
Under the care of your doctor, we “compound” your prescription using naturally derived hormones. We also create your BHRT in a delivery system that works best for you. Whether it be capsules, creams, troches, etc., we create it with your needs in mind.
Hormone Testing at Home
Fusion Specialty Pharmacy can offer you Home Hormone Testing Kits, also referred to as ZRT Hormone Kits. These kits are available without a prescription and can be ordered through our pharmacy. Kits are offered in two forms; saliva only, and saliva and blood. These are great tools for obtaining a snapshot of your hormone levels. You simply follow the instructions and send your kit the address provided. When completed, the results come back to the pharmacy for review. At that time our pharmacists will discuss the results with you and make suggestions of what your hormone replacement options are, and how we can help you further. Filling your BHRT prescription from here is easy. We will simply contact your provider and prepare your prescription.
Personalized Hormone Replacement Delivery Systems
At Fusion Specialty Pharmacy we can offer you a host of delivery methods that will best suit your needs. Our pharmacists will counsel you on best practices with your preferred method and how to obtain optimum results. If at any time you should choose to try another delivery method, it’s simply a matter of letting us know and choosing another one.
Potential Benefits of BHRT
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Regulates body temperature
- Helps prevent muscle damage
- Helps maintain muscle
- Improves sleep
- Stimulates production of choline acetyltransferase, an enzyme which prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduces risk of cataracts
- Helps maintain the elasticity of arteries
- Dilates small arteries
- Increases blood flow
- Inhibits platelet stickiness
- Decreases the accumulation of plaque on arteries
- Enhances magnesium uptake and utilization
- Maintains the amount of collagen in the skin
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases LDL and prevent its oxidation
- Increases HDL by 10 to 15%
- Reduces overall risk of heart disease by 40 to 50%
- Helps maintain memory
- Helps with fine motor skills
- Increases the water content of skin and is responsible for its thickness and softness
- Enhances the production of nerve-growth factor
- Enhances energy
- Improves mood
- Maintains bone density
- Helps prevent glaucoma
- Increases sexual interest
- Decreases wrinkles
- Protects against macular degeneration
- Decreases risk of colon cancer
- Helps prevent tooth loss
- Aids in the formation of neurotransmitters in the brain such as serotonin, which decreases depression, irritability, anxiety, and pain sensitivity
- Decreases Fatigue
- Improves Aching joints
- Stimulates immune function
- Improves body fat ratio
- Promotes flexibility
- Raises endurance levels
Click here to view our article, or download your copy below.
Nationally accredited. Licensed in multiple states.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas,
Missouri, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,
North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas,
Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming
Get More Info
Call (888) 963-9923 or fill out the form.